Orvieto Classico Superiore doc
Orvieto is one of the very rare areas in Italy suited to the production of botrytized sweet wines.Indeed the the city has been famous for its sweet wines since the days of the Etruscans.
Vineyards covered by morning mists are the most favorable to develop the Botrytis Cinerea mold which enables us to make Muffa Nobile.
When the conditions are right usually towards the end of October, we meticulously to insure the perfect condition of the Botrytis tainted grapes.
select estate vineyards.
Orvieto Classico Superiore D.O.C.
Exposure North Northwest
Hilly. 220 mt above sea level.
Sauvignon Blanc 40%
End of October until mid November.
Pressing of the grapes affected by botrytis.
Fermented in a small barrels.
In bottles for 8 months.
First year of production
This is a wine of a warm, gold color. It has an intriguing nose of candied married to the unmistakeable mark of
good mould. On the palate the sensation is rich, sweet, long and silky with notes reminiscent of apricots and honey.
Piquant and pungent cheeses, with which to show off its precious richness.
- 92 POINTS – VINOUS ANTONIO GALLONI
- 93 POINTS – FALSTAFF MAGAZINE
- 94 POINTS – ROBERT PARKER WINE ADVOCATE 2019
- GUIDA BIBENDA 2017 – 5 GRAPPOLI
- 3EST! – DELLA GUIDA “LA TUSCIA DEL VINO”
- GUIDO TOMMASI EDITORE 2002 – TRA I 300 MIGLIORI VINI D’ITALIA
- DUEMILAVINI AIS 2000– 5 GRAPPOLI