Umbria rosso IGT
During the devastating frost of 1985 our Fermentation on the skins in stainless old olive grove was ruined. steel.
This put at our disposal a portion of land we considered most appropriate for grapevines.
Thence our first bottle of Armaleo, named after an etruscan method for training vines.
Umbria Rosso I.G.T.
Sedimentary clay.Exposure East-North-East.Hilly. Altitude260 mt above sea level.
Cabernet Sauvignon 95%
Cabernet Franc 5%
Fermentation on the skins in stainless steel.
6 months in bottles.
12 months in barrels.
First year of production
Ruby red with dark reflections. The nose is first flinty and ferrous. Then ever more Mediterranean with the scent of rosemary. The wine is decided and the fruit breaks through the full-bodied structure and lingers long and fulsomely on the palate.
With meat where the wine can exhibit its tense refreshing palate and structure; such as lamb or venison. When aged it pairs remarkably with cured goat’s cheeses.
- 5GRAPPOLI – BIBENDA AIS 2013
- 5STELLE – MIGLIORI VINI DELL’UMBRIA “LA REPUBBLICA” 2013
- 5GRAPPOLI – DUEMILAVINI AIS 2012
- 3 STELLE – VERONELLI 2008
- 3 BICCHIERI– GAMBERO ROSSO 2005
- 5 GRAPPOLI – DUEMILAVINI AIS 2004
- MENZIONE D’ONORE – I VINI D’ITALIA 2004
- 3 BICCHIERI – GAMBERO ROSSO 2003
- 3 BICCHIERI – GAMBERO ROSSO 2002
- IL SOLE – VERONELLI 2002
- 3 BICCHIERI – GAMBERO ROSSO 2000